A newly-formed nonprofit aimed at boosting tourism in Posey County has announced its inaugural board of directors. The board for Visit Posey County Inc., which was established in September, consists of seven volunteer members.
Members of the board were appointed by the Posey County Tourism Commission, the Posey County Council and the Posey County Board of Commissioners. The board of directors includes:
- Jim Spann, New Harmony Soap Co. (President)
- Andy Herbertz, Tropicana Evansville (Vice-President)
- Judy Alsop, Events of Harmony (Secretary)
- Brittany Johnson, Southwest Indiana Chamber of Commerce (Treasurer)
- Brenda Bourne, Astra Zeneca
- Alissa Fricke, Thrive Marketing Strategies
- Leslie Townsend, Historic Southern Indiana
Visit Posey County says the board’s initial focus will be on hiring a full-time executive director for the organization and establishing a welcome center and administrative office. The nonprofit plans to launch its first regional marketing campaign in 2017.