The state has received an extension for its Healthy Indiana Plan. Governor Eric Holcomb’s office says operation of the program was set to expire at the end of this month, but will now continue through February 28.
Indiana submitted a HIP waiver application with the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in January 2017. An amendment to that application was filed in May. Holcomb said he had hoped to receive approval of the expanded HIP program last week.
"We’re close but we are still working through the final details of our new plan with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)," Holcomb said in a news release. "This extension allows us to continue HIP until the waiver application is approved."
Holcomb says the more than 400,000 HIP participants will see no change in their service. When the waiver receives approval, the HIP program will see expanded treatment options for participants affected by the opioid epidemic and an enhanced Gateway to Work program which aims to find meaningful employment for participants.
You can view the amendment to the waiver application filed last summer below: