The Wabash River Enhancement Corp. has launched a regional planning project to increase the usability and economic viability of the Wabash River watershed in north central Indiana.
The organization says the Wabash River Greenway Corridor Master Plan is intended to develop the waterway into a world-class destination for recreation and culture.
The 90-mile corridor runs through five counties, including Fountain, Warren, Tippecanoe, Carroll, and Cass.
The WREC has hired Kimley-Horn, a national planning, and engineering firm, to lead the 18-month public outreach project.
The planning process began earlier this year with data collection and mapping of the corridor. It will now focus on getting input from the public and stakeholders.
The organization has launched this website to provide insight into the project. It will also have planning stations for people to view the project until December 21.
- Logansport Cass County Public Library,: 616 East Broadway, Logansport
- Delphi Opera House, 109 S Washington St, Delphi
- ?West Lafayette Public Library, 208 W Columbia St, West Lafayette
- Tippecanoe County Office Building, 20 N 3rd St, Lafayette
- Williamsport-Washington Township Public Library, 28 E 2nd St, Williamsport
- ?Attica Library, 305 S Perry St, Attica
- Covington Public Library, 622 5th St, Covington