An event Friday and Saturday at the Indiana State Museum in Indianapolis will celebrate the state’s 200th anniversary. The Bicentennial Expo will feature activities and performances focusing on statehood. Manager of School Programs Joanna Hahn says the event will allow attendees to "fast-track" more learning about Indiana.
Businesses, universities and organizations will have booths set up throughout the museum and a variety of hands-on events will take place during the two days including:
- Atl Atl Throwing
- GeoCorner (featuring fossils, rocks and minerals)
- Paleontology Puzzle
- Potawatomi Dice Game
- Civil War Medicine
- How Indiana Got its Shape and Museum Invasion Tours
- Purdue University’s Farm To School exhibit
- Colts in Motion interactive trailer
- "Meet" historic figures from the past
- Go "one-on-one" with robotic technology
Hahn says "my hope is that attendees will be thrilled by the great food selections, theatrical performances and the many multigenerational family activities including our latest bicentennial exhibitions on view inside the museum."
You can connect to more about the expo by clicking here.