The Southwest Indiana Regional Development Authority is awarding $14.6 million in Regional Economic + Acceleration Development Initiative funds toward five projects. The organization says the regional projects align with the community goals outlined in the Evansville Region’s plan.
“We have a vision for our Region to become a nationally recognized place for talent to call home,” said Beth McFadin Higgins, RDA chair. “The projects approved show how we are deliberate in our investment in talent and believe in a bold future.”
The project recipients are listed below:
- Toyota YMCA, Gibson County, $5 million award – A 56,600-square-foot full facility YMCA for all residents in Gibson County. The YMCA will include a fitness facility with free weights, cardio equipment, gymnasium, competition pool, teaching kitchen for nutrition education, exercise studios, community room, partner space, and youth wing with a STEM Lab and recreation areas.
- The District (Princeton Workforce Housing), Gibson County, $2.5 million award – A multi-family 144-unit apartment development will include a multi-use clubhouse and pool, located near major regional employers including Toyota and its suppliers.
- Warrick County Sports Center, Warrick County, $5 million award – An approximately 230,000-square-foot multipurpose athletic facility that can leverage the popularity of youth and collegiate sports to help the region’s tourism and hospitality.
- Regional Marketing Strategy, Regional, $2 million award – Utilize E is for Everyone existing framework to enhance a unified branding campaign that tells the Evansville Region’s best story and delivers personalized stories to attract and retain talent.
- Site Development Plan, Regional, $100,000 award – Site development planning will be the start of many master plans along our transportation corridors that will allow future development needs in economic development and begin expansion opportunities for existing companies to grow in the region.
The RDA says the Evansville Regional Economic Partnership will work with the awarded projects on next steps.