A group of leaders from east central Indiana is heading overseas this month. The East Central Indiana Regional Partnership will lead the mission to Japan in an effort to introduce the region and explore strategic opportunities with Japanese officials.
The trip will take place from November 11-16. The ECIRP says the purpose of the mission is to express appreciation to existing industry partners which have facilities in eastern Indiana, introduce the eastern region of Indiana, explore opportunities for future economic development, investment and trade, learn firsthand from Japanese corporate and manufacturing leaders about trends in business and manufacturing, and to experience the country and culture of Japan.
The ECIRP says Japanese industry has been represented in the region for many years and a primary goal of the delegation is to express appreciation to its Japanese partners. The trip will focus on industries including manufacturing, automotive, technology, food products, and agriculture.
The delegation includes:
- Michael Pavey – Mayor, City of Rushville, Indiana
- David Snow, Mayor – City of Richmond, Indiana
- T. Greg York, Mayor – City of New Castle, Indiana
- Mindy Kenworthy – President & CEO, East Central Indiana Regional Partnership
- John McCane – Executive Director, Rush County Economic & Community Development Corp.
- Corey Murphy – CEO, New Castle Henry County Economic Development Corp.
- Valerie Shaffer – President, Economic Development Corporation of Wayne County
- Theresa Kulczak – Executive Director, Japan-America Society of Indiana
- Yoshi Ogawa – Japanese Services Coordinator, Japan America Society of Indiana