Duke Energy Awards $100K for Workforce Initiatives
Duke Energy has awarded grants totaling more than $100,000 to six Hoosier organizations. The funding will support workforce development and STEM education programs.
"The energy industry is changing rapidly and we need highly skilled and trained workers to tackle these new challenges head-on," said Stan Pinegar, Duke Energy state president for Indiana in a news release. "We have an obligation to help train and educate these workers to meet our customers’ expectations in the months and years ahead."
The six workforce development grants were awarded to:
- Easterseals Crossroads in Hancock and Shelby counties – $30,000
- IU Kokomo in Cass and Whitley counties – $10,000
- Tippecanoe School Corporation in Tippecanoe County – $19,500
- Indiana State University in Vigo County – $12,500
- Workforce Network Inc. in Vigo County – $21,347
- TechnoKats robotics team in Kokomo – $10,000
Story Continues Below