Delta Dental Foundation Announces More Grant Recipients
The Delta Dental Foundation has announced a second round of recipients from its $500,000 COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Fund. Nineteen Indiana organizations, including 10 that provide food assistance, were awarded funding.
“Our food banks and food pantries are seeing much more need, while at the same time they have lost regular donations. To keep their clients and staff safe they are having to change how they distribute food which takes more staff time and packaging,” said Holli Seabury, executive director of the Delta Dental Foundation.
The organizations also receive toothbrushes and educational materials on how to stop the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses.
Community Harvest Food Bank of Fort Wayne is one of the funding recipients.
“This gift from Delta Dental Foundation means that thousands of struggling families will get much-needed food assistance,” said Carmen Cumberland, Community Harvest executive president. “With more and more people finding themselves in economic or health crises due to COVID-19, this generous funding will provide meals and hope to kids, seniors, Veterans, and families throughout Northeast Indiana.”
In addition to food assistance programs, the grants from the fund support safety-net dental clinics, homeless shelters, hospitals and other community organizations that provide critical health and human services.
The Indiana recipients include:
- Aging & In-Home Services of Northeast Indiana
- Associated Churches of Fort Wayne and Allen County Inc
- Bertha’s Mission Inc.
- Brookside Community Development Corp.
- Community Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Indiana Inc.
- Community Transportation Network
- Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana
- Good News Mission, Inc. dba Good News Ministries
- Homebound Meals
- Hoosier Hills Food Bank
- Matthew 25 Inc.
- Opportunity Enterprises
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul (SVdP), Indianapolis Archdiocesan Council
- St. Martin’s Healthcare Inc.
- St. Vincent de Paul Society
- The Arc of Northeast Indiana Inc. dba Easterseals Arc of Northeast Indiana Inc.
- Trinity Free Clinic Inc.
- Turnstone Center for Children and Adults with Disabilities
- YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne
A third and final round of funding to nonprofits with a health and wellness focus will also soon be released. The full list of grantees can be found here.