Work is scheduled to begin later this month on a $13.2 million project on Interstate 469 in Allen County. Contractors will work to repair concrete and bridges on the interstate beginning March 27.
The Indiana Department of Transportation says drivers can expect lane restrictions as crews begin their work, though all ramps will remain open during the bridge work. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction between mile markers 11 and 17 for concrete repair and lane restrictions will be in place near the following bridges as bridge deck and join repair work is done:
- I-469 over Lafayette Center Road
- I-469 over the Norfolk Southern bridge (New Castle Line), just west of Exit 6/S.R. 1
- I-469 over the St. Mary’s River (debris removal)
- I-469 over Dawkins Road
- I-469 over St. Joseph River
- I-469 over I-69 (north junction)
- I-69 over Norfolk Southern Railroad and McCulloch Ditch
Crews will also begin asphalt resurfacing between mile markers 29 and 31 later this spring. The entire project is scheduled to be complete by the summer of 2018.