Legacy Foundation and Indiana Black Expo are working together to help businesses meet financial needs brought on by challenges from the pandemic. The COVID-19 Small Business Relief Fund will provide help to small businesses via one-time grants from $2,500 to $5,000 per business. Organizers say priority will be given to minority and women-owned businesses.
Applicant requirements for the fund:
- Be an authorized representative of a for-profit privately held small business with principal place of business in the City of Gary or East Chicago.
- Have between 1 – 25 employees.
- Have experienced a revenue loss and business distress due to COVID-19.
- Have 2019 gross revenue not exceeding $1,000,000.
- Not affiliated with a chain or franchise.
Online applications are due by 5 pm CST October 7, with funding decisions announced by October 23. Click here for more information.