The Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne is awarding over $315,000 in grants to community organizations in Allen County. The funds will be distributed to 17 nonprofit groups.
The Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne is a public charitable foundation that has been working toward the betterment of the Fort Wayne community since 1922. The organization works to improve the quality of life by being a positive motivator in the community with projects like building permanent endowments, promoting effective grant-making, fostering philanthropy, stimulating community dialogue and helping donors achieve their charitable goals.
The grants are intended to help community organizations fund general operating support. The recipients span from programs that offer mental health counseling and youth development programs to historical restoration and community theatre. The organizations that received grants are:
- Allen County Education Partnership
- Allen County Fort Wayne Historical Society
- Boys and Girls Club of Fort Wayne
- Catholic Charities, Fort Wayne/South Bend Diocese
- Cornerstone Youth Center
- Crossroad Child & Family Services
- East Wayne Street Center
- Fort Wayne Civic Theatre
- Fort Wayne Trails
- Headwaters Park Alliance Inc.
- Indiana Dental Association Foundation
- Inner City Hope Corporation
- Kate’s Kart
- Soarin’ Hawk Raptor Rehabilitation Center
- Volunteer Center
- Unity Performing Arts Foundation, Inc.
To learn more about the Community Foundation grants, click here.