An Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus finance professor has released this year's list of the most valuable college football programs. Three schools from Indiana are again among the top 50 in the country on Ryan Brewer's annual ranking. He says the University of Notre Dame is the state's most valuable and second place in the NCAA Football Championship Series. Brewer estimates the value of the Fighting Irish at nearly $812 million.
He values the Indiana University football team at more than $125 million, which is 46th among major colleges. Purdue is 48th, with an estimated value of nearly $115 million.
The top five in the nation are:
1. University of Texas – $875 million
2. University of Notre Dame – $811.5 million
3. University of Michigan – $685.5 million
4. Ohio State University – $674.8 million
5. University of Florida – $660.8 million
Source: Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus