The town of Clarksville, along with national and local leaders, will Monday host a ceremony to recognize the expansion of the Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail. The event will take place along the Falls of the Ohio to celebrate the new 1,200-mile “Eastern Legacy” addition.
With the addition, the trail is now 4,900 miles long. The town has set up historical reenactments to honor the journey of Lewis and Clark in the area that will be performed by Jan Donelson as Meriwether Lewis and Bud Clark as William Clark, in addition to several guest speakers.
Speakers at the event include:
- Senator Todd Young (R-IN)
- Congressman Trey Hollingsworth (R-9)
- Greg Pence (R-6)
- Lieutenant Governor Suzanne Crouch
- Jim Keith, Chairman of the Lewis and Clark Expedition Commission
- Bud Clark, great-great-great grandson of Captain William Clark
- Mark Weekley, Superintendent of Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail.