Don Steffy, executive director of the Indianapolis Children’s Choir is stepping down in December. He has served the organization for 14 years. Steffy is the ICC’s longest-serving executive director. During his tenure, the ICC has made several significant accomplishments to secure the organization’s viability and future, including:
• Successfully transitioned the artistic leadership of the organization from its founder, Henry Leck, to current Artistic Director Joshua Pedde.
• Successfully established a donor-funded endowment.
• Adopted and incorporated the Anderson Area Children’s Choir.
• Expanded its educational early childhood programming.
• Developed and expanded fundraising opportunities to include three key events: Big Fun Event, Golf Benefit and Sing-a-Thon.
• Instituted initiatives such as the ICC Legacy Society, Children Helping Children and Everyone C.O.U.N.T.S. (Community Outreach Uniting and Nurturing Through Song)