Indianapolis-based Centric Inc. has announced the winners of its 2018 Indiana Innovation Awards. The honors go to individuals and organizations "who are successfully leading the innovation charge in our state," according to the think tank.
An executive panel of judges picked ten of the state’s best new innovations from 56 finalists. The official 2018 Indiana Innovation Award winning innovations are:
- SmartCore – AgNext (West Lafayette) The SmartCore by AgNext is an industrial-grade, autonomous robot that performs soil sampling and collection, and returns to its launch point, all without human assistance.
- The Big App – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana, Counterpart, Crafted (Indianapolis, IN) The Big App equips Big Brothers Big Sisters matches with activities and experiences that intentionally foster and work toward positive youth outcomes-accessible any time.
- Traffic Cloud™ – DemandJump (Indianapolis) DemandJump’s Traffic Cloud™ customer acquisition platform helps marketers and executives find more customers, allowing for quantifiable measurement and cross-channel reporting.
- FLIR Griffin™ G510 – FLIR® Systems (West Lafayette) The FLIR Griffin™ G510 person- portable Gas Chromatograph-Mass Spectrometer (GC-MS) is the first to provide laboratory-quality Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS) capability in a truly person- portable format.
- GroPod™ – Heliponix™ (Evansville) The Heliponix™ GroPod™ is an aeroponic appliance that can yield a full head of leafy greens on a daily basis, or sizable harvests of dwarf varieties of larger plants.
- ScholarTrack – Indiana Commission for Higher Education (Indianapolis) ScholarTrack is a comprehensive application and communication system that guides students and families through the process of planning for, applying and maintaining their state financial aid.
- TheMadOptimist.com – The Mad Optimist (Bloomington) The world’s first online, customized soap making studio. All-natural, vegan, halal, gluten-free custom soap.
- Food Grade Water Soluble Film – MonoSol (Merrillville) MonoSol’s food grade water soluble film is a transparent, odorless and tasteless film composed of a proprietary blend of food grade ingredients. The film is used to package a single dose of consumer use protein powder.
- Socio Platform – Socio Labs (West Lafayette and Indianapolis) Socio is a SaaS product that helps organizers optimize their events & boost ROI for their organization, attendees, sponsors and exhibitors.
- SnapShyft Platform – SnapShyft (Indianapolis) SnapShyft’s gig-staffing platform instantly connects food and beverage, and hospitality venues with reliable, qualified workers when short-staffed.
Martha Hoover, Founder and President of Patachou, Inc., has been named the 2018 Excellence in Innovation Award winner. Hoover was chosen by Centric’s Board of Directors. Hoover, and the other winners, will be celebrated at Centric’s Day of Innovation conference October 11 at Butler University. Learn more by clicking here.