Centric Inc. has announced winners of the 2018 Indiana Innovation Awards and Excellence in Innovation Award. Established in 2011, the Indiana Innovation Awards are the only broad-based innovation awards focused on Indiana. The awards seek to recognize those individuals and organizations who are successfully leading the innovation charge in our state. This annual celebration culminates at the Day of Innovation each fall.
The official 2018 Indiana Innovation Award winning innovations are:
• SmartCore – AgNext (West Lafayette) The SmartCore by AgNext is an industrial-grade, autonomous robot that performs soil sampling and collection, and returns to its launch point, all without human assistance.
• The Big App – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana, Counterpart, Crafted (Indianapolis) The Big App equips Big Brothers Big Sisters matches with activities and experiences that intentionally foster and work toward positive youth outcomes-accessible any time.
• Traffic Cloud – DemandJump (Indianapolis) DemandJump’s Traffic Cloud customer acquisition platform helps marketers and executives find more customers, allowing for quantifiable measurement and cross-channel reporting.
• FLIR Griffin G510 – FLIR Systems (West Lafayette) The FLIR Griffin G510 person- portable Gas Chromatograph-Mass Spectrometer (GC-MS) is the first to provide laboratory-quality Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS) capability in a truly person- portable format.
• GroPod – Heliponix (Evansville) The Heliponix GroPod is an aeroponic appliance that can yield a full head of leafy greens on a daily basis, or sizable harvests of dwarf varieties of larger plants.
• ScholarTrack – Indiana Commission for Higher Education (Indianapolis) ScholarTrack is a comprehensive application and communication system that guides students and families through the process of planning for, applying and maintaining their state financial aid.
• TheMadOptimist.com – The Mad Optimist (Bloomington) The world’s first online, customized soap making studio. All-natural, vegan, halal, gluten-free custom soap.
• Food Grade Water Soluble Film – MonoSol (Merrillville) MonoSol’s food grade water soluble film is a transparent, odorless and tasteless film composed of a proprietary blend of food grade ingredients. The film is used to package a single dose of consumer use protein powder.
• Socio Platform – Socio Labs (West Lafayette and Indianapolis) Socio is a SaaS product that helps organizers optimize their events & boost ROI for their organization, attendees, sponsors and exhibitors.
• SnapShyft Platform – SnapShyft (Indianapolis) SnapShyft’s gig-staffing platform instantly connects food and beverage, and hospitality venues with reliable, qualified workers when short-staffed.
Also, Martha Hoover (pictured), founder and president of Patachou Inc., has been named the 2018 Excellence in Innovation Award winner. Hoover was chosen by Centric’s board of directors. Hoover, and the other winners, will be celebrated at Centric’s Day of Innovation conference October 11 at Butler University. Learn more by clicking here.