The Indiana Destination Development Corp. is seeking local artists to help create public artwork and signage throughout the Hoosier State through two new grant programs: the IN Indiana Public Art Activation Grant and IN Indiana Placemaking Activation Grant.
The public art activation grant is a non-matching grant of up to $10,000 to fund public art projects, and the placemaking activation grant is a matching grant of up to $25,000 to fund signage and placemaking efforts. The IDDC says it plans to allocate up to $500,000 for top quality project.
Projects will be selected based on the quality of the submitted design and preference will be given to locations in “high-view areas that create potential for photo opportunities.” The IDDC says potential public art locations can include exterior walls, alleyways, bridges, and barns, among others.
Grant recipients will be given 75% of their allocated funding upon award and the remaining 25% when the project is completed.
“This not only enables us to highlight local artists and organizations, but also use the IN Indiana campaign to tie Indiana communities together in a way that adds to the beauty of Indiana’s rural, urban and suburban landscapes,” IDDC CEO Elaine Bedel said in a written statement.
Artists, communities, destination marketing organizations, chambers of commerce, and private businesses have until March 17 to submit their application.
You can connect to more information on guidelines and timelines by clicking here.