Ten businesses, organizations and individuals have received 2016 Tourism Awards from Visit Bloomington. The organization says the tourism industry supports more than 7,600 in the Monroe County city. It also says $362 million was added to the local economy last year through visitor spending.
The winners of this years awards are credited with making positive contributions to the local industry and having continued, "valuable marketing partnerships." Executive Director Mike McAfee says "we are pleased to recognize these wonderful partners who contribute greatly to our industry and make Bloomington and Monroe County a better place to work, visit and live."
The 2016 winners are:
- Big Event: Limestone Comedy Festival
- Tastemaker: Cardinal Spirits
- Health Nut: Monroe Lake
- Cream and Crimson: Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall
- Lifelong Learner: Lilly Library
- Pragmatic Planner: Go Express Travel
- Pragmatic Planner: Hyatt Place
- Idealist: One World Enterprises
- Friend of Tourism: Carol Wilson
- Friend of Tourism: Iris Kiesling
You can connect to more about the organization and the industry by clicking here.