The Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce has announced the winners of the 2017 “10 Under 40 Awards.” The honors are given to professionals based on their achievement, leadership and civic involvement.
The winners will receive their awards August 3 at an event in downtown Bloomington. As part of the award, the winners will also receive a $500 scholarship to participate in the 2018 class of Leadership Bloomington-Monroe County.
"Each of these young professionals, with their impressive work ethic and dynamic leadership, has already made a significant impact in their business and in our community," said Jeb Conrad, chief executive officer of the Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce. "The Chamber is proud to recognize their accomplishments and support young professionals."
The recipients include:
- Paola M. Hernandez Barón – Indiana University School of Education
- Matthew Clay – Centerstone
- Trent Deckard – Indiana House of Representatives
- Ashley Durcholz – Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane
- Sarah Gadlage – Boston Scientific
- Joshua James – Bill C. Brown Associates
- Megan Parmenter – Tri Kappa
- Maranda Richardson – FASTSIGNS/Midwest Color Printing
- Tricia Riveire – Indiana University Alumni Association
- Sean Starowitz – City of Bloomington