The state has announced a portfolio of nearly two dozen employer commitments that involves close to 1,100 potential jobs. The Indiana Economic Development Corp. says the plans include about $154 million in investment and coincide with National Manufacturing Day. The slate includes a jewelry manufacturer’s Hamilton County expansion, a more than $27 million investment from a Japanese company in Perry County and a Wayne County bacon maker looking to add almost 150 jobs.
The announcement involves new and retained jobs in 17 counties at automotive, food and beverage, glass and metals, hardwoods, machinery and other sub-sectors of manufacturing.
Governor Eric Holcomb says "each day, Hoosiers across the state are developing new solutions and creating crucial products that are shipped to customers across the globe. I’m honored to proclaim today National Manufacturing Day in Indiana, recognizing the 8,500 businesses in all corners of the state, and to join in celebrating 22 manufacturers that are committing to even more growth here, creating new opportunities for Indiana workers and their families."
The planned investments include:
- ATTC Manufacturing — $27.3 million — 26 new jobs — plans include 15 new production lines in Tell City
- Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems — $1.5 million — 49 new jobs — plans include a fifth building on the company’s Huntington campus
- Cardinal IG Co. — $4.75 million — 45 new jobs — plans include a new facility expected to open in Fremont in January
- Circle City Kombucha — $1.6 million — 60 new jobs — plans include a new Indianapolis drink-making facility
- Clayton Wakarusa — investment total not detailed — 110 additional jobs — Elkhart County building expansion already complete as it plans to grow its 320-member team
- Delta Faucet Co. — $15.4 million — 39 new jobs — plans include expanded manufacturing operations in Greensburg
- Driven Innovations — $3.6 million — 60 new jobs — plans include a new Syracuse facility
- Fusion Wood Products — $4.6 million — no new jobs detailed — plans include new equipment and expanded wrapping lines in Elkhart
- IQ Fibers — $10.5 million — 36 new jobs — plans include a new operation in the former Sterling Casting Buildings facility in Bluffton
- L&Q Engineering — $4.3 million — 40 new jobs — plans include expanded Middlebury operations
- Leentu Corp. — $1.1 million — 18 new jobs — plans involve an expanded presence in Indianapolis
- Mervis Metal Recovery LLC — $1.2 million — six new jobs — plans include a new metal separating facility in Troy
- Pike Lumber Co. — $6.8 million — 10 new jobs — plans include new kiln, warehousing and corporate office space in Akron
- Rosa Vila Jewelry — investment total not detailed — 27 new jobs — plans include new warehousing and production operations in Noblesville
- Satellite Industries — $9.6 million — 60 new jobs — plans include doubling its footprint in Elkhart
- Standard Industrial — $1.7 million — 15 new jobs — plans include additional manufacturing capabilities in Winamac
- SugarCreek — $33 million — 149 new jobs — plans include new meatball, chicken and pork production operations in Cambridge City
- Tenneco Inc. — $5.4 million — 43 new jobs — plans include expanded manufacturing operations in Ligonier
- Tipton Mills Foods — $4 million — 18 additional jobs — plans include new warehouse and production space in Columbus
- Trelleborg Sealing Solutions — $3.6 million — 40 new jobs — plans include expanded operations in New Haven
- Tri-State Cylinder Head — $2.5 million — 34 new jobs — plans include new machining and welding capabilities in Evansville
- Vanair — $1.5 million — 25 new jobs — plans include two additional buildings in Michigan City
You can connect to additional details about the announcements by clicking here.