The Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame has released its list of 17 players and one referee for the 60th induction class. The inductees will be honored at a ceremony that will take place in March at the at the Hall of Fame Museum in New Castle. The players were noted for the accomplishments on the Hoosier hardwoods, but also for their collegiate and professional careers.
One member of the new class is current Purdue University head coach Matt Painter. He was a standout at Delta High School in Muncie and later played at Purdue.
Below is the complete list, including high school and year of graduation. The asterisk indicates members who have passed away.
- Jerry Bass *: Morristown-1958
- Wayne Boultinghouse: Rockport-1960
- Napoleon Brandford: East Chicago Roosevelt-1970
- Al Brown: Connersville-1959
- Garth Cone *: Pierceton-1965
- Gary Duncan: Oakland City-1963
- Tony Etchison *: Noblesville-1991
- Jerry Flake: Washington -1965
- Ray McCallum: Muncie Central-1979
- Gary Merrell: Northwestern-1964
- Doug Mitchell: Hamilton Heights-1975
- Craig Neal: Washington-1983
- Matt Painter: Delta-1989
- Bill Smith, Sr. *: Indianapolis Wood-1960
- James Strickland *: Owensville-1926
- Clarence Walker *: East Chicago Washington-1946
- John Sherman Williams: Indianapolis Washington-1982
Also to be inducted is Mark Baltz. The hall of fame says Baltz is the recipient of the 2022 Silver Medal Award for contributions to Indiana basketball other than as an Indiana high school player or Indiana high school coach.
He officiated Indiana high school basketball for 43 years.
Click here to view bios of each member of the class.