The AWS Foundation has awarded over $819,000 in grants to nonprofit organizations. The 18 organizations benefit those with intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities in Northeast Indiana.
The included organizations:
- Autism Society of Indiana: $35,000 for the Area Support Coordinator in Northeast Indiana and $25,000 for Career Services in Northeast Indiana.
- Byron Health Center: $250,000 for programming at the new facility.
- Crossroad Child and Family Services: $70,000 for a sensory garden.
- Fort Wayne Ballet: $7,500 for a sensory-friendly Nutcracker performance.
- Fort Wayne Citilink: $50,000 operating support for Access services.
- Fort Wayne Curling Club: $105,000 collateral for new facility build-out.
- Heartland Sings: $10,000 for a summer vocal arts residency at Turnstone.
- L.I.F.E. Adult Day Academy: $24,000 for expanded community integration.
- Monroeville Park Board: $25,000 for Monroeville Park accessible playground.
- RSVP of Allen County: $25,000 for the I CAN Team.
- Science Central: $24,365 for Special Abilities Days 2019.
- Summit Middle School: $10,000 for a sensory room.
- Trine University: $44,761 for the medical dispenser project Phase II.
- Trustees of Indiana University: $24,858 for Camp Yes And at Northeast Indiana Special Education Cooperative.
- University of Saint Francis: $25,000 for an Autism Symposium.
- Volunteer Lawyer Program: $40,000 for guardianship services.
- Whispering Meadows Elementary: $10,000 for a sensory room.