AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) has enhanced 15 cell sites in South Bend and Mishawaka with extra 4G LTE capacity. The company says the move will give customers better access to mobile Internet.
“High speed connectivity is critical to our plans to attract new residents and businesses to our region. AT&T has heard the demand from consumers for better connectivity and responded with important system improvements. This investment will help us be competitive with communities across the country and around the world, as we seek to attract top talent to the South Bend-Mishawaka area,” St. Joseph County Chamber of Commerce President Jeff Rea said.
“Our customers are living their lives on the go. We know they rely on mobile Internet every day. That’s why we’re extending our 4G network for South Bend and Mishawaka residents and businesses,” said Bill Soards, president of AT&T Indiana. “We want to help them get the most out of their mobile devices – whether they’re watching videos, texting, or using social media.”
The upgraded cell sites are located in the following areas:
- S. Beiger St. and Victoria St.
- W. Mishawaka Ave. and S. 30th St.
- Birch Rd. and McKinley Hwy.
- Kern Rd. and S. Beech Rd.
- I-90 and State Rd. 933; and I-90 and N. Ironwood Rd.
- Hwy. 31 and Hwy. 20; and Hwy. 31 and Indiana Toll Rd. near the airport
- Auten Rd. and Laurel Rd. near the county park
- Lincoln Way E. and Marietta St.
- W. Western Ave. and S. Arnold St.; and W. Western Ave. and S. Olive St
- Hwy. 20 and Fir Rd.
- E. Ewing Ave. and Miami St.
- Edison Rd. and Hass Dr.