The 30th annual ATHENA Awards have recognized six women in the greater Evansville area for their community work. Chambers of commerce throughout the U.S. host ATHENA award ceremonies to celebrate the roles women fill in various communities. The Southwest Indiana Athena Awards doubled the amount of winners who demonstrated creativity and initiative in their profession while finding time to serve their communities.
The Southwest Indiana Chamber and ANEW named these winners:
- Executive of the Year– Dr. Heidi Dunniway, Regional Chief Medical Officer , St. Vincent Evansville — The recipient of this award demonstrates professional excellence, community service and an active role in a service or program that assists other women in the attainment of professional excellence and leadership skills
- Educator of the Year –Jean Hitchcock, Executive Director/Principal, Signature School — The recipient of this award will be someone whose talent, creativity and vision are exemplary in developing and preparing female students for the corporate workplace.
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Nikki Davis, ENGAGED! River Valley Magazine — This award recognizes a woman who demonstrates the transformation of her dream into the reality of a product or service and who exhibits the traits of an entrepreneur.
- Healthcare Professional of the year – Lynn Lingafelter, Chief Operating Officer, Deaconess Hospital — This award recognizes a woman who has distinguished herself in the healthcare industry and her community.
- Non-Profit Professional – Stephanie Terry, Executive Director, Children’s Museum of Evansville (cMoe) — The recipient of this award will be someone who demonstrates professional excellence in leading an organization or program that serves the community with impact while also mentoring future community leaders, particularly women.
- Rising Star of the Year – Alyssia Oshodi, Senior Communications Specialist, Vectren – A CenterPoint Energy Company — This award recognizes a woman, under age 35, who has distinguished herself as a leader and role model to other young women in her profession.
Pictured L-R: Lynne Lingafelter, Stephanie Terry, Nikki Davis, Alyssia Oshodi, Jan Hitchcock, Dr. Heidi Dunniway, Tara Barney