The Southwest Indiana Chamber has unveiled the finalists for its 2018 ATHENA Award. The chamber says the honor "acknowledges and honors quiet leaders in the community."
This winner will be announced February 23 at the ATHENA Award Luncheon in downtown Evansville. The ATHENA Award is part of Chicago-based nonprofit ATHENA International, which has aimed to support, develop and honor female leaders since its inception in 1982.
The finalists for the 2018 award include:
- Barb Daum – Director of Quality/Project Executive at Skanska
- Danyelle Granger – Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion Director at Old National Bank
- Beth McFadin Higgins – Attorney and partner at McFadin Higgins & Folz
- Christine Keck – Director of Government Affairs for Vectren
- Lynn Kyle – Executive Director of Lampion Center
- Chris Ryan – CEO of The Women’s Hospital
- Lisa Slade – President of AlphaGraphics
- Amy Word Smith – Owner and Founder of Lamasco’s Bar & Grill and The Dapper Pig
- Lori Sutton – Director, Diversity, Inclusion and Human Equity for Vectren
- Stephanie Terry – Executive Director of the Children’s Museum of Evansville
- Kendra Vanzo – Executive Vice President, Associate Engagement & Integration Officer at Old National Bank
- Connie Wellmeyer – General Manager of Corporate Planning at Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Indiana
The Southwest Indiana Chamber has been involved in the ATHENA program since 1990. You can learn more about the ATHENA Award by clicking here.