One Southern Indiana is celebrating the successes of local and regional businesses by announcing the winners of the annual ONE Awards. The winners were judged on criteria including business history, community involvement, newly-created opportunities and innovation in products or services.
Ninety percent of the voting was done by an independent panel of judges. The remaining ten percent was decided by online voting via social media.
"As always, the caliber of nominees was top-notch and the competition was fierce with the winner of one category coming down to the online vote," said Wendy Dant Chesser, president and CEO of 1si. "The evening was a testament to the robust businesses in our region with many One Southern Indiana member businesses and individuals receiving recognition they richly deserve.”
This year’s winners include:
- The City of Jeffersonville, Indiana, winner of the Brown-Forman Corporation Diversity Champion ONE Award
- Baptist Health, winner of the Wellness Coalition of Southern Indiana Growing Healthy Lives ONE Award
- J. Knipper and Company, Inc., winner of the Stites & Harbison, PLLC Economic Development Impact Project of the Year ONE Award
- Beach Mold & Tool, Inc., winner of the new Business Retention and Expansion Project of the Year ONE Award
- Extol Magazine, winner of the Strothman and Company, PSC Rising Star ONE Award
- The News and Tribune, winner of the River Valley Financial Bank, a division of German American Bank, Business of the Year ONE Award for companies with 50 or fewer employees
- Centra Credit Union, winner of the Park Community Credit Union Business of the Year ONE Award for companies with 51 or more employees.