One Southern Indiana has announced the winners of its 2016 ACE Awards. They were chosen based on several criteria, including business history, community involvement and innovation in products or services.
ACE stands for "appreciating and celebrating excellence." A combination of online voting and scores from an independent panel of judges determined the winners.
The organization also presented its annual Chairman’s Legacy Awards, which are "given at the discretion of the 1si Chairman of the Board with input from 1si executive board members and the president and CEO." 1si says the award recognizes people who have had a "profound impact" on the organization.
The 2016 winners include:
James W. Robinson ACE Award for Young Professional of the Year
- Jill Peden, Business Development Manager, L&D Mail Masters, Inc.
Kevin Hammersmith ACE Award for Community Leader
- Robert “Bobby” Campbell, Marketing Director, Jacobi Toombs & Lanz, Inc.
Sam Day ACE Award for Professional of the Year
- Larry Myers, President & CEO, First Savings Bank
Chairman’s Legacy Award
- Greg Fitzloff, Director of Community Development, City of Salem, Ind.
- John “Jack” Ragland, President, Carmel City Center Community Development Corporation (4CDC)