The Community Foundation of Muncie and Delaware County, Inc. has awarded total of $551,500 to 14 nonprofit organizations during its first Quarterly Competitive Grant cycle of 2019. The grants are intended to fund projects that benefit the community through arts and culture, human services, economic development, education and community betterment.
The Community Foundation of Muncie and Delaware County, Inc. manages donations from individuals, businesses and corporations as a permanent community endowment. These funds are then put back into the community in the form of grants to nonprofit organizations.
The grant recipients are:
- A Better Way Services, Inc. received $55,000
- American Red Cross received $10,000
- Cornerstone Center for the Arts received $30,000
- Delaware Advancement Corp. received $100,000
- Habitat for Humanity received $50,000
- Hillcroft Services, Inc. received $75,000
- Home Savers of Delaware County received $50,000
- Ivy Tech Foundation received $50,000
- Muncie Arts and Culture Council, Inc. received $24,000
- Shafer Leadership Academy received $7,500
- TeenWorks received $25,000
- Urban Light CDC received $25,000
- Youth Opportunity Center received $20,000
- YWCA Central Indiana received $30,000
For more information about the recipients, or to apply for second quarter 2019 Competitive Grants, click here.