SIA Foundation Announces Winter Grant Recipients
LAFAYETTE - Lafayette-based Subaru of Indiana Automotive has awarded grants to 14 local organizations. The nonprofits span 12 counties and received grants totaling more than $110,000 from the SIA Foundation.
The SIA Foundation says it has awarded more than $2 million over the last two decades to fund statewide nonprofit projects. The current grant winners included groups that represent Clinton, DeKalb, Delaware, Floyd, Fountain, Huntington, Lawrence, Marion, Parke, Shelby, Tippecanoe and Vermillion counties.
The grants are awarded bi-annually and focus on arts and culture, health and welfare or education projects.
Recipients of the grant include:
- American Pianists Association (Marion County) – $5,501.78 for Video recording equipment and media archive storage
- Auburn Automotive Heritage (DeKalb County) – $3,794.00 for Audio-visual equipment
- Burnett Creek Elementary School (Tippecanoe County) – $2,476.40 for Calm Down Kits
- Child-Adult Resource Services (Parke County) – $10,449.00 for Kiln and pug mill
- Clinton Prairie School Corporation (Clinton County) – $14,894.83 for Variety of equipment, including computers, gaming equipment and related furniture
- Food Finders Food Bank (Tippecanoe County) – $4,520.00 for Manual pallet jacks
- Girls Inc. of Shelbyville / Shelby County (Shelby County) – $7,515.90 for STEM-related equipment, including modular robots and a STEM Maker Station Cart
- Hillsboro Volunteer Fire Department (Fountain County) – $10,356.55 - for Variety of equipment, including multi-gas detector, thermal imaging cameras, trauma kits
- Hope Southern Indiana (Floyd County) – $9,500.00 for Variety of equipment, including shelving and paint
- Huntington County Health Department (Huntington County) – $8,680.56 for LeadCare II blood analyzers
- Tree Lafayette (Tippecanoe County) – $2,752.00 for Tools and safety equipment
- St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church / Men’s Warming Center (Lawrence County) – $6,717.20 for Bunk beds and mattresses
- Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana (Delaware County) – $13,000.00 for Electric pallet jack, pallet wrapper and pallet racks
- Vermillion County Soil and Water Conservation District (Vermillion County) – $9,950.00 for Augmented reality sandbox