IPS Holds Public Meetings on Strategic Plans
Indianapolis Public Schools has laid out a long-term strategic plan for the system and now wants to hear from community members. The district is hosting a series of town hall meetings to talk about strategic priorities.
The first meeting is Monday night at Arsenal Technical High School. District 1 Commissioner Michael O’Connor will lead the discussion.
IPS says six pillars will serve as the foundation for its long-term plan:
- Student-Centered Teaching & Learning
- High-Performing Team
- Racial Equity Mindset
- School-Centered Central Services
- Engaged Families, Team & Partners
- Sustainable Finances and Operations
IPS says translators and free childcare will be offered at each meeting. The system says community members are not limited to the meeting in their part of the district. They can attend whichever meeting fits their schedule.
Registration to the meetings is encouraged but not required, IPS said. The meetings each begin at 6:30 p.m.
Locations of this week's meetings:
- Monday: District 1 - Arsenal Technical High School
- Wednesday: District 2 - Arlington Middle School
- Thursday: District 3 - Shortridge High School
- Friday: District 4 - George Washington High School