Holcomb Makes Appointments
Governor Eric Holcomb has announced several new appointments and reappointments to various state boards, commissions, and task forces. They include the Indiana Parole Board, the State Board of Nursing and the Drug Utilization Review Board.
The appointments include:
21st Century Energy Policy Development Task Force
The governor made one new appointment to the 21st Century Energy Policy Development Task Force:
• Dr. Paul V. Preckel (West Lafayette), faculty director of the State Utility Forecasting Group at Purdue University. His term expires Dec. 2, 2020. Dr. Preckel will serve in place of Dr. Wallace E. Tyner who passed away in August.
Drug Utilization Review Board
The governor made two new appointments to the board:
• Dr. Anu Dhamecha (Carmel), director of pharmacy benefits for Community Health Network. Her term expires August 31, 2020.
• Dr. Kosali Simon (Bloomington), professor and associate vice provost for Health Sciences at Indiana University Bloomington. Her term expires August 31, 2022.
The governor also made one reappointment to the board:
• Dr. T.R. Marshall (Indianapolis), internal medicine director with IU Health. His term expires August 31, 2022.
Graduate Medical Education Board
The governor made one new appointment to the board, with a term expiring Dec. 31, 2020:
• Dr. Michelle Howenstine (Zionsville), senior associate dean for Graduate Medical Education and Continuing Medical Education with the Indiana University School of Medicine.
Indiana Parole Board
The governor made one reappointment to the board:
• Charles Miller (Indianapolis). His term expires July 31, 2023.
State Board of Nursing
The governor made four new appointments to the board:
• Judy Hamblen (Trafalgar), ADON/SDC with Aspen Trace. Her term expires April 30, 2023.
• Jason King (Martinsville), COO and CNO at IU Health Morgan. His term expires August 31, 2023.
• Angela Morris (Fishers), coordinator for the Indiana SANE Training Project with the University of Southern Indiana. Her term expires August 31, 2023.
• Susie Newkirk (Greenfield), practice administrator with IUHP Women’s Health. Her term expires April 30, 2023.
Storm Water Management Task Force
The governor made eight appointments to the new task force, with terms expiring December 31, 2019:
• Scott Dompke (Bloomington), executive director of Columbus Utilities.
• Matt Gentry (Lebanon), mayor of the city of Lebanon.
• Mark Kingma (DeMotte), Jasper County Farmer.
• Joe Schmees (Fishers), executive director of the Indiana Association of Soil & Water Conservation Districts.
• Connie Stevens (Franklin), executive director, Alliance of Indiana Rural Water.
• Jon Stolz (Indianapolis), vice president of Christopher B. Burke Engineering, LLC.
• Marty Wessler (Indianapolis), CEO of Wessler Engineering.
• Matthew Wirtz, (Leo), deputy director and chief engineer, Fort Wayne City Utilities.
The governor also made two new appointments representing various state agencies, with terms expiring Dec. 31, 2019:
• Jodi Golden, executive director of the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs.
• Cris Johnston, director of the Office of Management & Budget.
Turkey Creek Regional Sewer District Board of Trustees
The governor made two reappointments to the board, with terms expiring July 31, 2022:
• Rex Heil (Syracuse), sales associate with Todd Realty.
• James Young (Syracuse), former field instructor for Matco Tools.