Health Equity Summit Coming to Indy
INDIANAPOLIS - A summit centering around public health equity across government and in communities will take place Wednesday in Indianapolis. Texas-based Health by Design, in partnership with the Indiana Public Health Association, Indiana State Department of Health, and Marion County Public Health Department will host the Health Equity Summit at the Indianapolis Marriott East.
Speakers at the event include:
- Lili Farhang, Co-Director, Human Impact Partners
- T Benicio Gonzales, MSW, PMP, Interim Director
- Aja Barber, M.S., Administrator
- Rena Allen, Community Leader, Faith in Indiana
- Paula Brooks, Environmental Health Associate, Hoosier Environmental Council
- Jill English-Cheatham, Co-Director Undoing Racism Initiative, Child Advocates
- James E. Garrett Jr., Executive Director, Indiana Commission on the Social Status of Black Males
“For too long, we have avoided talking about the impact racism, power imbalances, and other forms of oppression have on the health and well-being of Hoosiers,” said Kim Irwin, executive director of Health by Design in a news release. “This Summit is an early step in long-term, transformational change,” she added. “We’re pleased to offer a program agenda that reflects a variety of perspectives while sharing the professional expertise and lived experience of partners directly involved in efforts to reduce inequities.”
The summit begins at 8:30 a.m. and will conclude by 4:30 p.m.