Duke Energy Chooses Sites for Readiness Program
PLAINFIELD - Duke Energy has chosen six Indiana communities to participate in its Site Readiness Program, which finds, evaluates and improves sites for potential industrial development.
Site development companies and an engineering company will assess the sites and make recommendations. Properties typically chosen for the program are at least 40 acres, served by the utility, or a vacant industrial building with at least 20,000 square feet. Duke will present findings to local economic development agencies later in the year.
The locations include:
- The Kokomo Industrial Park, located at the intersection of County 50 East and County Road 300 North
- A 186-acre parcel in the north portion of the South Madison tax-increment financing district in Fortville
- A 100-plus acre parcel located at 29579 State Road 1 in West Harrison
- The Northpoint Business Park, which is bordered by East 196th Street to the south, Grassy Branch Road to the east, 202nd/203rd Street to the north and U.S. Hwy. 31 to the west
- The North Manchester Industrial Complex (Wabash County) at County Road 1100 North and Taylor Drive in North Manchester
- The North Warrick Industrial Park at 9988 North State Road 57 in Elberfeld
Economic development organizations in Hancock, Hamilton, Dearborn and Wabash counties will also receive $10,000 checks from Duke Energy to help implement any recommended changes. More information can be found here.