Walmart to Upgrade Indiana Stores
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) has announced plans to invest more than $96 million in Indiana this year. The retailer says the effort will include the remodeling of 19 stores, as well as the launch and continued expansion of several "customer-focused innovations."
The investment quadruples the amount Walmart committed to Indiana stores last year. Some of the innovations, such as online grocery pickup and the Walmart pickup towers have already been introduced at some Hoosier locations.
"Hoosier customers have taken quickly to Online Grocery Pickup and to our Walmart Pickup Towers as these developments have begun to roll out across the state," Rodney Walker, regional vice president of operations for Walmart, said in a news release. "Walmart is committed to convenience, and we look forward to expanding these technologies and more in 2019."
Walmart plans to remodel the following Indiana locations:
2019 Walmart Remodels in Indiana:
- 650 Kimmel Road, Vincennes
- 2460 E Wabash, Frankfort
- 4040 North Newton Street, Jasper
- 2501 Walton Blvd., Warsaw
- 567 Ivy Tech Drive, Madison
- 3335 S Red Bank Road, Evansville
- 410 Grand Valley Blvd., Martinsville
- 1351 Veterans Parkway, Clarksville (*complete)
- 4801 W Clara Lane, Muncie
- 2016 N Wayne Street, Angola
- 3167 S State Road 3, New Castle
- 2505 N Oak Drive, Plymouth
- 3313 W State Road 45, Bloomington
- 735 N Gospel Street, Paoli
- 175 Country Road #6 West, Elkhart
- 2100 N Main Street, Bluffton
- 8599 High Pointe Drive, Newburgh
- 950 Highway 80 E, Clinton (*complete)
- 3805 S Keystone Avenue, Indianapolis
Walmart says, in addition to the grocery pickup and in-store pickup towers, the innovations planned for expansion in Indiana include grocery delivery (36 stores), FAST Unloader (44 stores), and autonomous floor scrubbers (51 stores).