Rescue Mission Groundbreaking for New Facility
FORT WAYNE - Fort Wayne-based The Rescue Mission will Tuesday morning hold a groundbreaking ceremony at the construction site of its future home. The nonprofit says the new four-story building will include a second-floor terrace, parking lot, gathering and meeting areas and a media center.
The new facility is part of the organization's $23 million The City on a Hill: Building Relocation & Expansion Capital Campaign. It will be located at the southeast corner of Lafayette Street and Washington Boulevard in Fort Wayne and will allow the ministry to serve three times the number of individuals it is currently serving.
It will also have classrooms and learning areas to fulfill its recent partnership agreement with IWUNational & Global.
The groundbreaking ceremony will include speakers such as:
- Donovan Coley, Sr., Rescue Mission CEO and Senior Pastor
- Marcia Haaff, The Lutheran Foundation
- Jeff Ostermann, Sweetwater, Board Chair for The Rescue Mission
- Mike Packnett, Parkview Health
- Rick James, The James Foundation
- Chuck Surack, Sweetwater
- Jeremy Ringger, Weigand Construction
- Gloria Whitcraft, Catholic Charities
The event is slated to take place at 400 E Washington Boulevard at 10 a.m. in affiliation with Design Collaborative and Weigand Construction.