INDOT Wants Comment on Improvement Program
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Department of Transportation wants to know what you think about the Statewide Transportation Improvement Program. The STIP is a federally-mandated funding and scheduling document for surface transportation projects in Indiana over a four-year period. Projects include pavement, bridges, safety projects, congestion, mobility and emergency response. It also includes information on pedestrian trails, transit and bicycle facilities.
States are required to update STIP's every two years, with the current STIP covering fiscal years 2020-2024. Public open houses have been scheduled by INDOT to accept comment and raise awareness of the plan.
Open house dates and locations, with all open houses from 5pm to 7pm local time:
- Thursday, April 4 - Winchester Community High School, 700 North Union Street, Winchester, IN 47394
- Wednesday, April 10 - Harrison Hill Elementary School, 355 Cornell Circle, Fort Wayne, IN 46807
- Thursday, April 11 - Rochester High School, 1 Zebra Lane, Rochester, IN 46975
- Wednesday, April 24 - Benjamin Bosse High School, 1300 Washington Avenue, Evansville, IN 47714
- Thursday, April 25 - Paoli Jr./ Sr. High School, 501 South Elm Street, Paoli, IN 47454
- Tuesday, April 30 - South Vermillion High School, 770 West Wildcat Drive, Clinton, IN 47842
- Wednesday, May 1 - Northwood High School, 1300 North Main Street, Nappanee, IN 46550
- Wednesday, May 8 - Hammond High School, 5926 Calumet Avenue, Hammond IN, 46320
- Thursday, May 9 - Oakland High School, 1100 Elizabeth Street, Lafayette, IN 47904
- Wednesday, May 15 - Columbus East High School, 230 South Marr Road, Columbus, IN 47201
- Thursday, May 16 - Lawrenceburg High School, 100 Tiger Boulevard, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
For more information about the STIP, and for how to submit comment online, click here.