AgriNovus Taps New Board Members, Expands Leadership
INDIANAPOLIS - AgriNovus Indiana has tapped two new members of its Board of Directors, additions to its Innovation Council and Executive Committee leadership. The newly-appointed directors are from First Farmers Bank & Trust and Ice Miller LLP, respectively.
The two new members to its board of directors are:
- Gene Miles, president and chief executive officer, First Farmers Bank & Trust
- Melissa Proffitt, partner-in-charge of client relations and chairs the Food and Agribusiness Group and Energy Group, Ice Miller LLP
“These new additions to the AgriNovus Board of Directors continue to highlight the reach and expanse of the Indiana agbioscience sector,” said Beth Bechdol, president and CEO of AgriNovus Indiana, in a news release. “A premier community bank specializing in agricultural lending in the Midwest and a full-service national law firm with robust start-up, intellectual property and economic development practices for food and agricultural clients illustrate the next level of support for the agbiosciences.”
Miles and Proffitt join 25 others on the AgriNovus Board of Directors. This month, the board also elected the 2019 Executive Committee and Board leadership. Members are:
- Aaron Schacht, executive vice president of innovation, regulatory and business development for Elanco – chair of the AgriNovus Board
- Jane Ade Stevens, chief executive officer for Indiana Soybean Alliance and Indiana Corn Marketing Council – vice chair of the AgriNovus Board
- Beth Bechdol, president and CEO for AgriNovus Indiana
- Jay Hulbert, president and CEO for Ag Alumni Seed
- David Johnson, President and CEO of the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership.
- Gary Morris, president and COO for Clabber Girl
- Mike Packnett, CEO for Parkview Health
- Karen Plaut, Dean of the College of Agriculture for Purdue University
- Susanne Wasson, president of crop protection business platform for Corteva Agriscience