Skillful Governor's Coaching Corps Launches
Skillful Indiana and Governor Eric Holcomb today kicked off its first Skillful Governor's Coaching Corps, an 8-month training and leadership development program. The initiative features 35 career coaches from across Indiana.
The program aims to support Indiana’s career coaching professionals so they can serve Indiana job seekers more effectively in a changing economy.
The participants represent a diverse mix of organizations: public workforce centers, adult educational institutions, K-12 schools and non-profits from all 12 Indiana workforce regions. They serve approximately 3500 individuals per month, including dislocated workers, veterans, the underemployed and first-time job seekers.
The Skillful Governor’s Coaching Corps establishes a new model for career coaches’ professional and personal development. The free program consists of:
- 90+ hours of expert training in leadership, coaching, and technical skills directly related to coaches’ daily work.
- Expert insight into the future of work and economic trends
- Access to data and tech tools to help coaches connect individuals to quality jobs
- 1-on-1 and team coaching to support personal and professional growth.
- Deep relationship building with high-achieving peers.
- Intimate access to a network of industry professionals, workforce experts, and State leaders to support daily work and long-term growth.
Over the 8-month program, Skillful Governor’s Coaching Corps members will:
- Work in Action Teams to develop new practices and technologies to improve career services, pitching their recommendations to State leaders for adoption.
- Attend up to 5 multi-day retreats with expert instruction in leadership, the future of work, technology, problem solving, and skills-based coaching, then employ new skills in their daily work.
- Participate in and lead webinars related to workforce policy, economic trends, and best-practice tools and approaches in coaching.
“We are thrilled to partner with Governor Holcomb to help Hoosiers adapt to the rapidly changing economy,” said Bill Turner, executive director of Skillful Indiana. “In this economy, the support of a career coach is invaluable as people seek to hone their skills, acquire new ones and navigate training and employment options. Through the Skillful Governor’s Coaching Corps, we will help these extraordinary coaches connect more Hoosiers to rewarding work and bring what they learn from the Corps back to their organizations.”