Speakers Announced for Japan Update Conference
INDIANAPOLIS - The Japan-America Society of Indiana will host the “Japan Update Conference 2019” on March 19 at the Alexander Hotel in Indianapolis. The annual event, now in its eighth year, will provide information on business trends and key developments in the Japan-U.S. relationship at national and local levels.
The conference will feature a special presentation by Mark Miles, president and chief executive officer of Hulman & Company, parent organization of the Nippon Telegraph and Telephone IndyCar Series and Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Miles will discuss the multi-year agreement with Japanese telecommunications company NTT.
The speakers are:
- Chuck Haberman, Leader of Workforce Development, Gaylor Electric
- Ralph Inforzato, Chief Executive Director, JETRO Chicago
- Naoki Ito, Consul General of Japan, Consulate-General of Japan in Chicago
- Peter Kelley, President, National Association of Japan-America Societies
- Mark Miles, President and CEO, Hulman & Company, NTT IndyCar Series, and
- The Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Peter Morse, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg; Honorary Consul of Japan in Indianapolis
- Fred Payne, Commissioner, Indiana Department of Workforce Development
- Ted Saeger, Acting Director, Office of Japanese Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- Takehiro Shimada, Minister, Communication and Cultural Affairs, Embassy of Japan,
- Washington D.C.
- David Spooner, Co-Chair of International Trade Practice Group, Barnes & Thornburg,
- Washington D.C.
- Bernard Swiecki, Senior Automotive Analyst, Center for Automotive Research, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Greg Winkler, Director, Economic Development, City of Anderson
To view the whole conference schedule, click here.