Fishers Recognizes Community Volunteers
FISHERS - The City of Fishers recognized community volunteers during its third-annual City of Service Awards Tuesday. The celebration included commending volunteers who donated a total of 2,376 hours to the Fishers Police Department,and more than 3,200 hours to Fishers Parks & Recreation.
The city also celebrated that the Fishers Parks & Recreation had a 46 percent increase in volunteer hours compared to 2017.
The award winners include:
• Fishers Parks & Recreation Adult Volunteer of the Year – Vicki Guenther
• Fishers Parks & Recreation Youth Volunteer of the Year – Anudeep Annangi
• Fishers Department of Public Works Volunteer of the Year – Kerrie Wincek
• Fishers Fire & EMS Volunteer of the Year – Christopher Allen
• Fishers Police Department Volunteer of the Year – Russell Lopez
• HSE Schools Foundation Volunteer of the Year – Shelley Jackson
• HSE Schools 2018 Teacher of the Year – John Hochstetler
• Nonprofit Volunteer of the Year - LeeAnn Barclay, Youth Mentoring Initiative (community nominated award)