State to Announce 'Stellar' Winners
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs will Tuesday announce the 2018 winners of the Stellar Communities Designation Program. This is the first year the program is operating on a regional level and two Indiana regions will receive the designation.
The five finalists last month submitted their final Regional Development Plans, which detail a four-year, comprehensive revitalization strategy for each region. This year's finalists include:
- Health and Heritage – comprised of the city of Greenfield, the town of Fortville and Hancock County
- Eastern Indiana – comprised of the town of Liberty, cities of Richmond, Rushville and Union City, and Randolph County
- Marshall County Crossroads – comprised of the towns of Argos, Bremen, Bourbon, Culver, LaPaz and Plymouth and Marshall County
- Mt. Comfort Road Corridor – comprised of the towns of Cumberland, McCordsville and New Palestine
- New Allen Alliance – comprised of the town of Grabill, Leo-Cedarville and Monroeville and the cities of New Haven and Woodburn and Allen County
We will have more on the winners of the Stellar Communities designation in Tuesday afternoon's INside Edge e-newsletter.