Honorees Announced at Dubois County Pitch Competition
This year's winner of the Dubois County Pitch Competition has been crowned. The event, sponsored by Current Blend and Elevate Southwest Indiana, involved pitches from 12 entrepreneurs. West Lafayette-based Predictive Wear LLC, which creates vascular disease management and monitoring technology, received top honor and a $4,000 prize to invest in the startup.
Matrix Integration Chief Executive Officer Brenda Stallings, who was one of the judges, said the crowd in the event's second year was larger than the first. "We were able to build upon last year’s success as we continue to see increased interest and excitement surrounding entrepreneurship here in Dubois County," she said. Purdue Foundry at Westgate Director Jason Salstrom and Launch Indy Executive Director Katie Birge were also judges.
Second place and $2,000 went to Zoro, which creates debit cards that it says build credit and third place and $1,000 was awarded to flock monitoring systems developer Potter Industries.
Other competitors included:
- Adventure Field Guides - a Software as a Service company that helps cities and counties leverage their outdoor tourism
- Borsa - makes listening to earnings calls as easy as listening to your favorite podcast by taking every earnings call into one easy-to-use app
- Clear Creek Natural Products - provides premium dog foods by manufacturing fresh-baked Farmer’s Blend Recipe Dog Food Bars
- Forge and Temper - an idea to allow homebuyers to take virtual reality house tours before visiting them, saving them money spent on traveling, and lowering the burden of finding a good house in just one weekend
- Ghost - a concept for an accountability device for personnel subject to hazardous and IDLH atmospheres. It would provide a forward horizontal view of the user taking into account the GPS location of the device and displaying the location using Augmented Reality
- Heliponix - creator of the GroPod, an IoT enabled aeroponic appliance that grows leafy green vegetables and dwarf varieties of specialty crops
- IRLCommunication - allows content to be dynamic after an email has been deployed
- Live Music Tutor - an online interactive music platform that connects instructors, students and music enthusiasts around the globe in one convenient place to share their passion
- Opportunity - a ride board app that safely allows college students to post open seats on trips they are already making for other students to split the fuel cost and eliminate redundant cars on the road making duplicate trips
You can connect to more about the competition by clicking here.