Indiana Humanities Elects Officers, Members
The Indiana Humanities board of directors has elected its slate of officers for 2018-19 and elected three new board members. The new members include Chris Gahl, senior vice president of marketing and communications at Visit Indy; Chad Priest (pictured), CEO of American Red Cross, Indiana Region and Tiffany Tolbert, senior field officer with the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Beth Bechdol (pictured), president and CEO of AgriNovus Indiana, has been elected chair of the statewide nonprofit for a second term.
Indiana Humanities supports, highlights and initiates humanities-based activities across the state, through programs such as this year’s One State / One Story: Frankenstein statewide read; a nationally award-winning series of events called Next Indiana Campfires; and a lending library for book clubs called Novel Conversations; as well as through grants to other nonprofits.
The new officers and full slate includes:
• Chair: Elizabeth Bechdol, President and CEO, AgriNovus Indiana
• Vice Chair: Carol Ann Bowman, Retired Corporate Secretary and General Counsel, Whiteco Industries Inc.
• Treasurer: The Honorable Jonathan Weinzapfel, Chancellor, Ivy Tech Community College Evansville Campus; former Mayor of Evansville
• Secretary: Doran Moreland, Executive Director of Statewide Diversity and Community Outreach, Ivy Tech Community College
• Keira Amstutz, President and CEO, Indiana Humanities
• Rosemary Dorsa, Vice President, Indiana Philanthropy Alliance and Director, GIFT Technical Assistance Program
• Dr. Edward O. Frantz, Director of the Institute of Civic Leadership & Mayoral Archives and Professor of History, University of Indianapolis
• Chris Gahl, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Visit Indy
• Christina Hale, Executive Director of Youth Programs, Kiwanis International
• Malina Jeffers, Director of Marketing and Community Initiatives, Waterside, Ambrose Property Grou
• James M. Macdonald III, Executive Director & Market Manager, J.P. Morgan Private Bank
• Chad Priest, CEO, American Red Cross | Indiana Region
• Timothy P. Robinson, Assistant Vice President—Operations and Grants Administration, Lumina Foundation
• Larry Rowland, Retired Chairman, Lincoln National Reinsurance Companies
• Rabbi Sandy Eisenberg Sasso, Author, Rabbi Emerita of Congregation Beth El Zedeck, and Director of Religion, Spirituality and the Arts, IUPUI Arts and Humanities Institute
• Dr. Sarah Skwire, Senior Fellow, Liberty Fund Inc., Adam D. Thies, Assistant Vice President of Capital Planning and Facilities, Indiana University
• Tiffany Tolbert, Senior Field Officer, National Trust for Historic Preservation, Chicago Field Office
• Dr. Joseph F. Trimmer, Emeritus Professor of English & Director Emeritus, Virginia Ball Center for Creative Inquiry, Ball State University