Indiana Schools Earn Blue Ribbon Honors
WASHINGTON, D.C. - This year's list of National Blue Ribbon Schools includes seven from Indiana. The distinction recognizes high academic performance or progress in closing achievement gaps. This year's honorees include schools in central, northwest and west central Indiana.
Performance categories include Exemplary High Performing Schools, which recognizes the highest achievers on state and national assessments, and Exemplary Achievement Gap Closing Schools, which honors performance in closing achievement gaps among individual student groups and all students during the last five years.
Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction Jennifer McCormick says "creating an educational environment founded on a commitment to academic excellence supports success in the classroom. I am grateful for our dedicated educators who challenge students to reach their full potential, and I want to congratulate Indiana's Blue Ribbon Schools for performing at the highest level."
The honorees in Indiana are:
- Cascade Senior High School in Clayton; District: Mill Creek Community School Corp.
- George Bibich Elementary School in Dyer; District: Lake Central School Corp.
- Paramount School of Excellence in Indianapolis; District: Paramount School of Excellence
- Reagan Elementary School in Brownsburg; District: Brownsburg Community School Corp.
- Solon Robinson Elementary School in Crown Point; District: Crown Point Community School Corp.
- Staunton Elementary School in Brazil; District: Clay Community Schools
- Thomas Jefferson Elementary School in Valparaiso; District: Valparaiso Community Schools
You can connect to the full list of 2018 Blue Ribbon Schools by clicking here.