'Torchbearers' Receive Recognition
The Indiana Commission for Women has recognized 12 honorees with Torchbearer Awards. The annual honors are for women "who have broken down barriers, overcome obstacles to women’s full participation, and have made Indiana a better place to live, work and raise a family." Winners represent eight communities throughout the state.
ICW Board of Commissioners Chair Melissa Cotterill calls this year's recipients impressive and says "they have all made significant contributions to the state and to their communities; and we are excited to be recognizing them."
The 2018 Torchbearer Award winners are:
• Kristina Box (pictured), Indiana State Health Commissioner
• Judy Brown, American Legion
• Tammy Butler Robinson, Engaging Solutions
• Melinda Clark, St. Vincent Medical Group
• Sarah Demmon (pictured), Eli Lilly and Co.
• Brenda Gerber Vincent, Lifeline, Crosswinds, Lasting Change
• Nila Miller-Cronk, Indiana State Police
• Jennifer Pope Baker, Women's Fund of Central Indiana
• Rupal Thanawala, Trident Systems Inc.
• Kendra Vanzo, Old National Bank
• Tina Walters, Fort Wayne Smallest Winner
• Donna Zimmerman, Ivy Tech Community College
You can connect to more about the winners by clicking here.