Documentary to Feature Hoosier Students' Future-Shaping Journey
INDIANAPOLIS - A new documentary that follows the journey of three Indiana students interviewing professionals in some of Indiana's signature industries debuts Thursday. "State of Change" was produced in partnership with Roadtrip Nation, a national organization focused on career exploration. Some of the companies featured in interviews by the students include Scott Farms in Carroll and Cass counties, GE Aviation in Lafayette and Salesforce.com Inc. in Indianapolis.
One of the subjects was Dengke Wang, a Purdue University student, who told Inside INdiana Business Reporter Mary-Rachel Redman the documentary helped clarify his career path.
The Indiana Commission for Higher Learning supported the production. Commissioner Teresa Lubbers says the message of the documentary and the mission of Roadtrip Nation aligns with the state's push for intentional career exploration and work-based learning opportunities. "This collaborative, statewide effort brought together educators and employers with government and philanthropy leaders to help Hoosier students understand the changing landscape of Indiana's economy," Lubbers said.
Interview subjects include:
- Salesforce Lead Solutions Developer Lindsay Siovaila
- GE Aviation Maintenance, Repair, & Overhaul Technician Joshua Cowan
- Scott Farms Inc. Owner & Operator Brian Scott
- Zimmer Biomet Director of Sports Medicine Research & Development Hallie Brinkerhuff
- Dow AgroSciences (now Corteva Agriscience) Regional Corn Breeding Leader David Uhr
- Recovery Force Director of Research & Human Performance Polina Feldman
- Emplify Chief Executive Officer Santiago Jaramillo