Indiana Arts Nonprofits Score NEA Grants
The National Endowment for the Arts has awarded more than $200,000 in grants to nine arts programming providers in Bloomington, Fort Wayne and Indianapolis. The grants are part of more than $25 million the NEA is awarding to nonprofits throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
In a news release Wednesday, NEA Chairman Jane Chu said the grants will support the recipients' ability to bring residents greater access to arts programming.
"It is energizing to see the impact that the arts are making throughout the United States," said Chu. "These NEA-supported projects are good examples of how the arts build stronger and more vibrant communities, improve well-being, prepare our children to succeed, and increase the quality of our lives. At the National Endowment for the Arts, we believe that all people should have access to the joy, opportunities, and connections the arts bring."
The Indiana recipients include:
Fort Wayne Dance Collective, Fort Wayne - 20,000
- This Art Works Arts Education grant will support an in-school dance education program.
Heartland Film Inc., Indianapolis - $10,000
- This Art Works Media Arts grant will support the 27th Heartland Film Festival and related public programming.
Indiana Repertory Theatre Inc., Indianapolis - $20,000
- This Art Works Theatre grant will support the Exploring Stages education program serving young children.
Indiana State Symphony Society, Indianapolis - $10,000
- This Art Works Arts Education grant will support the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra's Metropolitan Youth Orchestra, an instrumental music instruction program.
Indiana University, Bloomington - $35,000
- This Art Works Folk & Traditional Arts grant will support a survey by Traditional Arts Indiana abut the effects of traditional arts on aging and related programming.
Indianapolis Museum of Art, Indianapolis - $55,000
- This Art Works Museum grant will support the exhibition, "Pictures in Ink, Color in Gold: 700 Years of Japanese Painting."
Lotus Education and Arts Foundation, Bloomington - $35,000
- This Art Works Presenting & Multidisciplinary Works grant will support the Lotus World Music and Arts Festival.
University of Saint Francis, Fort Wayne - $10,000
- This Art Works Presenting & Multidisciplinary Works grant will support The Jesters, a performing arts program.
Young Audiences of Indiana, Indianapolis - $10,000
- This Challenge America grant will support Arts For Learning with the design and creation of a public art piece.