Funding Boosts Indiana Recycling Efforts
The Indiana Department of Environmental Management has named 12 recipients of grants through its Recycling Market Development Program. The funds total $1 million and are designed to expand the presence of recycling in the state.
The largest grant -- nearly $420,000 -- will help Allen County-based Bunn Box Inc. with expansion and efficiency improvement efforts. Additional recipients include:
- Child Adult Resource Services (CARS) in Parke County - $17,908
- City of Greendale in Dearborn County - $42,346
- City of Valparaiso/Public Works in Porter County - $93,624
- City of Winchester in Randolph County - $66,000
- Republic Services Recycling of Indiana Inc. in Marion County - $166,355
- Metropolitan School District of Shakamak/Greene County SWMD - $1,028
- Upland Brewing Co. Inc. in Monroe County - $5,344
- Vidal Plastics LLC in Vanderburgh County - $106,000
- Warrick County Recycling & Resource Management District - $76,935
- West Central School Corp. in Pulaski County - $1,200
- Woodrow Wilson Middle School in Vigo County - $3,562
You can read more about the program by clicking here.