The Children's Museum Among World's 'Coolest'
The Children's Museum of Indianapolis is receiving high praise from a high-profile publication. The New York Times has included the museum on its list of "The 10 Coolest Museums in the World."
Writer Elise Craig praised the museum, which is ranked fourth on the list, with a special highlight of its Dinosphere exhibit.
"The Children’s Museum is thrilled to be recognized as one of the top museums around the globe by one of the nation’s most respected, premiere publications," Jeffrey Patchen, chief executive officer of The Children’s Museum, said in a news release. "We strive to always educate, entertain and engage our families and children realizing that to do so means we must always provide new, interactive, and 'cool' experiences and opportunities."
The full "10 Coolest Museums in the World" list includes:
- Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation, Dearborn, Mich.
- Exploratorium, San Francisco, Calif.
- International Spy Museum, Washington, D.C.
- The Children's Museum of Indianapolis
- The Horniman Museum and Gardens, London
- Deutsches Museum, Munich
- Museo Subacuatico De Arte, Cancun, Mexico
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
- The Mutter Museum, Philadelphia
- Lego House, Billund, Denmark