Jensen Elected Noblesville Common Council President
The Noblesville Common Council has elected Chris Jensen (pictured) president, succeeding Megan Wiles. Brian Ayer (pictured) has been elected vice president.
Jensen, a native of Noblesville, began his first term on the Common Council in January 2016. He graduated from Butler University with a degree in journalism and works as a client services manager at Lochmueller Group. Prior to his current role, Jensen was executive director of the 2016 Indiana Bicentennial Commission and also served for many years in the office of former Lt. Governor Becky Skillman. He was special assistant to the Lt. Governor and director of Intergovernmental Affairs, where he served as the key link between the Lt. Governor’s office and local units of government. Jensen also served on the senior staff of United States Senator Dan Coats’ 2010 re-election campaign.
Jensen is the representative from District 2, which includes Hazel Dell Parkway and the subdivisions of Kingsley, Lochaven, West Haven, East Haven, Twin Oaks, Essex, Hazel Dell Woods, Cherry Tree Meadows, Willow Pond, Slater Farms, Mill Grove, Pebble Brook, Settlers Mill and Oakmont. During his two years on the council, Jensen has served on the finance, parks, economic development and roads/engineering committees.
The 2018 Noblesville Common Council committee assignments include:
• Building/Land Acquisition (as needed) – Brian Ayer (Chair) and Chris Jensen.
• Downtown District – Rick Taylor (Chair), Greg O’Connor, Mary Sue Rowland and Megan Wiles.
• Economic Development – Megan Wiles (Chair), Wil Hampton, Chris Jensen and Brian Ayer.
• Finance – Greg O’Connor (Chair), Wil Hampton, Roy Johnson and Megan Wiles.
• Parks – Mark Boice (Chair), Chris Jensen, Greg O’Connor and Megan Wiles.
• Public Safety – Wil Hampton (Chair), Mark Boice, Rick Taylor and Mary Sue Rowland.
• Road/Traffic/Engineering – Brian Ayer (Chair), Chris Jensen, Mark Boice and Wil Hampton.
• Wastewater – Mary Sue Rowland (Chair), Mark Boice, Roy Johnson and Rick Taylor.
• Nominating – Chris Jensen (Chair), Greg O’Connor and Megan Wiles.
Special appointments of the council are:
• Noblesville Plan Commission – Greg O’Connor
• Architectural Review Board – Greg O’Connor and Brian Ayer
• Community Vision – Megan Wiles
• Tree Board – Rick Taylor
• Parking Task Force – Rick Taylor and Mary Sue Rowland